We left Apollo Bay around 9am to head along the rest of the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne. Man was it beautiful. There weren't many opportunities to pull over to take photos so I didn't take any until we got to Bells Beach.
We were super excited about going here coz of the last scene in Point Break. I was silly things like "I'm standing where Keanu has been." Being a big loser. Then when we left we googled it and the scene was filmed in the USA. Ohhh the disappointment. It was still a cool place. Lots of surfers.
After a few purchases we drove over to our hotel which was just around the corner. We were staying at the Crown Metropol for the next 3 nights. Very fancy. Felt a bit stale compared to the other accom we'd been in so far but it was still a nice change.
We got valet parking which was expensive but the only other option is to pay $20 a day and you have to move it in and out each day. Cheeky buggers.
After we'd checked in we went to Pony Fish Island which is a little bar in South Bank around the pilon of a pedestrian foot bridge on The Yarra. 'Twas a perfect day for it and I definitely recommend it to anyone in the area.
Pony Fish
Pony Fish
We then went to the Crown Casino which is connected to our hotel and did a little bit of Gambling. Scott was totally craop and lost all his money and I made $500!!!! Woo Hoo!!
After this we had dinner at YAR Japanese restaurant. It was all you can eat for $35 and by god did we eat all we could!! It was so so so yummy. Go there. It's right across from the Crown Casino.
YAR
YAR
And that was us done for that day. Over and out Day 10!



No comments:
Post a Comment